- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Rice And Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg
Sodium 494.5 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 46 g91.5%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof casserole or baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the chicken pieces and stir well to mix.
2. Place chicken pieces over this mixture, skin side up, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
3. Use waxed paper to cover the dish, this helps to keep the chicken moist.
4. Brown the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Turn over the pieces so that the skin side is down
6. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave, reducing the power to 5.
7. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once, until chicken is tender and rice is cooked.
8. Let the dish stand covered for 5 minutes so that chicken and rice absorb the flavors.
9. Stir lightly, puffing up the rice before serving hot straight out of the casserole.