- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken With Red Currant Sauce Recipe
|Chicken breasts||4 , boneless and skinless|
|Red currant sauce||4 Tablespoon (Colman'S Brand)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Orange juice||2 Fluid Ounce (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 112.3 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.77%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the chicken breasts in the oil until tender and evenly brown on both the sides.
2) Cut the lemon and lime rinds into thin strips, place in the boiling water, drain and refresh with cold water.
3) In a pan, melt the Colman's Redcurrant Sauce alongwith the lemon and orange juices, allow to simmer.
4) Blend the cornflour with 1tbsp water, stir into the pan and simmer until thick and smooth, add extra water if required.
5) Drain and stir the lemon and lime rinds into the sauce.
6) Place the chicken breasts in a nice plate, pour over the sauce and serve immediately.