- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken with Oyster Sauce and Pak Choi Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||300 Gram|
|Pok choi||3 Medium (bok choy)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely shredded|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Marinade)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Rum||1 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon (Marinade)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (Marinade)|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon (Sauce)|
|Chicken essence||2 Teaspoon (Sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1011 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5119.3 mg213.3%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.7%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 130 g259.6%
Vitamin A 2252.1% Vitamin C 1893.1%
Calcium 267.1% Iron 113.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the chicken and wipe it dry. Cut into thin slices.
2) Put the chicken in a large bowl and add the sugar, soy sauce, rum and water. Mix well.
3) Add the soy flour, stir well and then add the oil. Mix thoroughly and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Put a pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and once it is fragrant, add the pok choi, sugar and water. Stir fry till the cabbage is cooked and then add the move the fried leaves to a plate. Keep warm.
5) In the pan, put 2 more tablespoons of oil, add more ginger and once it is fragrant, add the marinated chicken. Stir fry and once the meat is done, move it to a plate. Keep warm.
6) To the pan, add the ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
7) Once the mixture starts to boil, lower the heat and add the sauce thickener. Bring to a boil once again, turn the heat off and add the fried pok choi and chicken to the sauce.
8) Serve the chicken and pok choi in oyster sauce while it is still hot.