- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken with Garlic Vinegar Sauce Recipe
|Tomatoes/16-ounce italian plum||1 Pound (2 Medium-Sized Ones)|
|Parsley||3 Ounce (1 Small Bunch)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (4 Large Cloves)|
|Chicken||6 Pound, cut into 12 serving pieces (2 Chickens 3 Pound Each)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine vinegar||5 Tablespoon (Preferably Natural Red Burgundy Wine Vinegar)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5828 Calories from Fat 3306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 368 g566.4%
Saturated Fat 119.4 g597.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1956 mg
Sodium 2415.1 mg100.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 563 g1126.1%
Vitamin A 302.9% Vitamin C 296.3%
Calcium 52.5% Iron 162.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fresh tomatoes needs to be skinned, core, deseeded and halved. If using canned tomatoes, drain and coarsely chop. Keep aside.
2) Clean parsley and dry with paper towels. Chop to measure 3 tablespoons. Place remaining parsley in refrigerator for use later.
3) In large deep skillet or flameproof casserole combine 2 tablespoons butter, oil, and 4 unpeeled cloves garlic cook over medium-high heat.
4) As the butter stops bubbling, add chicken pieces and fry turnong once till lightly browned for about 5 minutes.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
6) To the skillet add 1/4 cup vinegar and boil.
7) Mix in tomatoes, stock, and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Bring to boiling point and cover skillet. Reduce the heat and turn chicken once in about 15 minutes.
8) Arrange chicken in serving dish and wrap up loosely with foil to keep warm.
9) Take off garlic cloves from skillet and take off the skin. Chop the cloves and put to skillet again. Mash garlic with a wooden spoon.
10) Add remaining vinegar and boil over medium heat. Stir till liquid reduces to one third. Remove pan from heat and keep covered.
11) Season with salt and pepper.
12) Place skillet on flame and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk till sauce is smooth.
13) Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with remaining chopped parsley.