- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken With Fresh Tomatoes And Dill Recipe Video
|For seasoning chicken|
|Boneless chicken breast||5|
|Shallot||1 , finely minced|
|Dill leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|For seasoning cherry tomatoes|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, quartered|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (for the pan)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 355.7 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 41 g82.2%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half, wrap with plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin about ½ inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and place them in a colander or strainer. Sprinkle kosher salt over them. Give them a slight toss and let them drain of their excess moisture. Once nicely drained, toss the tomatoes with the reserved dill mixture and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add shallot, olive oil, dill, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar and whisk together. Scoop out a ¼ cup of the dressing, and set aside.
3. To another large mixing bowl add seasoned chicken and turn to coat with marinade and keep for 5 minutes.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat and then drizzle with olive oil. Add chicken, cover with a lid and cook until browned. Flip, and continue to cook until the other side is browned. Remove from the pan and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice the chicken breasts, top with the cherry tomatoes and serve with broccoli and rice.