- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken With Fresh Basil And Lemon Recipe
|Lemon zest||2 , grated/finely julienned|
|Basil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (About 1 Small Bunch, Do Not Substitute With Dried Basil)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Kosher salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fryer chicken/8 chicken breasts, boneless, halved and trimmed of excess fat and membrane||4 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1 Piece)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5279 Calories from Fat 3538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 395 g607.2%
Saturated Fat 95 g475.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1360.7 mg
Sodium 6016.4 mg250.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 348 g695.6%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 109.4%
Calcium 35.7% Iron 139.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. U Place the chicken pieces in a large shallow glass or ceramic bowl and add the lemon and basil mixture. Cover and let sit at room temperature for no more than 1 hour, or refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Combine the flour, the remaining kosher salt, and the rest of the pepper in a shallow bowl or plate and set it aside for dredging the chicken.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge it in the flour mixture. Place the chicken directly in the hot oil.
5. Because cooking the chicken will take 2-3 batches, you may need to clean out the pan between batches with a paper towel and add more oil. If you are using a whole, cut-up chicken, cook it for about 10 minutes on the first side and about 7 on the second. If you are using boneless breasts, cook for about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 on the second.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on paper towels.