- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken With Chinese Long Beans And Walnuts Stir Fry Recipe
|Whole chicken breast||1 Pound, boned, skinned, and cut into 1-inch strips|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chinese long beans/String beans||1 Pound, stringed and tips removed, quartered|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot bean sauce||1 Tablespoon (Chinese, Available In A Jar)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), quartered and toasted until crisp|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.2 mg
Sodium 946.4 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and pepper. Mix well the ingredients and set aside.
3. Boil the beans in lightly salted water along with 1-tablespoon oil.
4. Cook for 7 minutes, or until beans get tender
5. Mash the hot bean sauce and garlic to a paste.
6 In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high flame until very hot but not smoking.
7. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add half of the stock, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Remove from the wok and set aside.
10. Add the remaining oil to the wok. Add the bean sauce paste and the beans.
11. Stir-fry for more 2 minutes.
12. Add the left over salt, sugar, and stock, bring it to a boil, and quickly place the chicken to the wok.
13. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the mixture turn in slightly thickened, continue cooking about 1 minute more.
14. Remove from the heat, toss in the walnuts, and serve to enjoy.