- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Wings with Mandarin, Raisin, BBQ and Melted Swiss Recipe Video
|For the sauce:|
|Mandarin orange||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Barbeque sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the chicken wings:|
|Onion powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken wings||1 Pound|
|Swiss cheese slices||5 Medium|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop (For garnish)|
|Mandarin orange segments||8 Medium, chop (For garnish)|
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 2114.8 mg88.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 46.2 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 34.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the sauce: In a pot, add the mandarins with juice and raisins and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce and simmer until half the amount of liquid is left behind.
4. Add sugar and barbeque sauce and stir and simmer for few minutes.
5. For the wing: In a bowl, mix the salt, onio powder and flour.
6. Toss the chicken wings in the mix to form an even coat.
7. Add the wings to a tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven.
10. Toss the chicken wings into the sauce and coat evenly.
11. Toss the coated wings onto the tray again.
12. Add swiss cheese slices over the wings and pop into the broiler for 30-40 seconds until cheese melts.
13. Plate and serve along with a cold refreshing drink.