- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Vol Au Vent Entree Recipe
|Chicken thighs||9 Pound (6 Pieces, 1.5 Pound Each)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown and serve sausage||6|
|Patty shell||10 Ounce (6 Frozen Shells, 1 Package, Thawed)|
Calories 2578 Calories from Fat 1094
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.1%
Saturated Fat 44.9 g224.3%
Trans Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 1319.9 mg
Sodium 2535.6 mg105.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 295 g589.1%
Vitamin A 43.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 95.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 400Â°c.
2) In a skillet heat butter and brown chicken in it.
3) In 1/2 cup hot water dissolve bouillon.
4) Add the mixture to the chicken.
5) Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
6) With a slotted spoon remove chicken from broth.
7) Cool and remove bones gently.
8) Mix broth and water to measure 1 cup liquid.
9) Transfer mixture into skillet.
10) In a bowl mix flour, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper.
11) Mix cream.
12) Add the mixture to the broth.
13) Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
14) Gently add mushrooms and wine.
15) Place a sausage in bone cavity of each thigh.
16) On a flat surface sprinkle flour. Roll each patty shell to a 6-inch square.
17) Arrange each thigh at the center and top with 2 tablespoons sauce.
18) Fold pastry over and seal. Fold ends to center and seal.
19) In 13 1/2 x 8 3/4 x 1 3/4-inch baking dish put seam side down.
20) Baste with additional cream.
21) Bake for 30 minutes.
22) Pass with remaining hot sauce.