- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Veronique Recipe
|Skinless chicken breasts||20 Ounce (4 Breasts, 150 Gram / 5 Ounce Each)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint, fat removed if homemade (300 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Skimmed milk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Seedless grapes||7 Ounce, halved (200 Gram, White Or Green)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 339.6 mg113.2%
Sodium 1197.3 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 43.5 g
Protein 145 g289.2%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 51.2%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the chicken breasts if any visible fat is there.
2) In a heavy-based frying pan, place the chicken breasts, pour over the stock and let it boil.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
4) With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken breasts onto a plate and keep warm.
5) Through a fine sieve, strain the stock into a measuring jug.
6) With kitchen paper, wipe the frying pan clean, and return 150 ml (1/4 pint) of the stock to the pan.
7) Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk and add to the stock with the remaining milk.
8) Boil the stock over a moderate heat, stirring constantly.
9) When the sauce has thickened, place the chicken breasts in the pan with the halved grapes and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
10) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11) Serve the chicken veronique at once with boiled potatoes or rice and vegetables.