- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Vegetable Stew with Dumplings Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up (2 In Number)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery||3 , chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Carrots||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Dried thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Herb dumplings||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 1167 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg85%
Sodium 1934.2 mg80.6%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 80 g159.1%
Vitamin A 208.4% Vitamin C 73.6%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 51.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan place chicken pieces, 4 cups water, celery, carrots, onions, salt, thyme, and pepper; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or till chicken is nearly tender; skim off the fat.
3. Blend in 1-cup cold water, peas, un-drained mushrooms and the flour into chicken the mixture.
4. Cook, stirring gently, till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
5. Drop Herb Dumpling dough from tablespoon atop bubbling stew; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes more but do not lift the cover.
6. Arrange the Chicken Vegetable Stew with Dumplings into individual bowls.
7. Sprinkle chicken and dumplings with the snipped parsley and serve hot.