- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Turnovers Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom pieces||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Drained cooked mixed vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Two crust pie pastry||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1191 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 3030.6 mg126.3%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.4%
Sugars 41.8 g
Protein 73 g145%
Vitamin A 584.4% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in cornstarch. Slowly stir in chicken broth until smooth. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once.
3. Add chicken, mushrooms, vegetables, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to thickened broth. Set aside.
4. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
5. Divide pastry into 8 portions. Roll each into a circle approximately 6 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Divide chicken mixture evenly on 8 pastry circles (about 1/3 cup per circle). Fold each circle in half, pressing edges with fork to seal. Pierce with fork to make steam vents.
6. Arrange filled turnovers on two ungreased round metal trays. Place one tray on each metal rack. Cook in convection oven 40 to 50 minutes at 375°F, or until light golden.