- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken / Turkey And Ham Loaf Recipe
|Chicken/Turkey||240 Gram, cooked skinned and diced|
|Sandwich loaf||1 (Crusty)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||200 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Sausage meat||240 Gram|
|Lean bacon||180 Gram|
|Ham||240 Gram, cooked, diced|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 1146 Calories from Fat 934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.8%
Saturated Fat 62.1 g310.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 318.9 mg
Sodium 710.6 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut 1/2 inch slice off the top of the loaf. Pull out the soft bread gently. Keep aside to make breadcrumb).
2) Keep 1/2 inch inner lining of bread to retain shape.
3) Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C (mark 6).
4) In a pan, melt half the butter.
5) Baste it on the loaf, inside and out.
6) Put the lid and place loaf on a baking tray in the centre of oven.
7) Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Keep aside to cool.
8) In the remaining butter, cook onions until soft.
9) Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
10) Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
11) Mix sausage meat, bacon, ham and 3 heaped tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
12) Pour sherry, herbs, and season to taste. Mix well.
13) On the base of loaf case, press half the sausage mixture.
14) Cover with half onion and mushroom mixture.
15) Place chicken on top and cover with onion.
16) Arrange a layer of sausage meat on top of it.
17) Put the lid and wrap the loaf in foil.
18) Bake at the centre of the oven at 375 F / 190 C (mark 5) for 1 hour.
19) Cut loaf into thick slices and serve warm or cold.