- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Tovarich Recipe
|Garlic||6 , unpeeled|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 , quartered|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg
Sodium 40.7 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 239.7%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Cut the chicken breast into pieces.
Flour the chicken pieces by putting them in a plastic bag.
2. In a frypan, heat oil on a high flame.
3. Add the chicken pieces in the oil and fry until golden brown.
4. Add chopped onion, garlic, walnuts, apricots, tomato and hot pepper in the fry pan.
5. Cook the ingredients well.
6. Add cranberry juice and stir.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and let the contents cook for 10 minutes.
8. Once done, add 1/2 glass of red wine and mushrooms in the pan.
9. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
10.Garnish with grapes and chopped parsley and serve.