- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Medium|
|Chicken thighs||4 Medium, boned and skinned (alternate to chicken breast)|
|Masala paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||200 Milliliter|
|Double cream||100 Milliliter|
|Coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (to shallow fry)|
|Seasoning||2 Teaspoon (as per taste) (Optional)|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Tandoori paste||1 Tablespoon (for the marinade)|
|Natural yoghurt||1 Tablespoon (for the marinade)|
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 667.5 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 38 g76.4%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the tandoori paste into a clean bowl.
2. Add the yoghurt and mix well together to make the marinade.
3. Cut the chicken into large dice and mix into the marinade.
4. Cover with cling film and store in the fridge for an hour or two.
5. Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skins, cut into halves and remove the seeds.
6. Cut the tomato flesh into medium size dice and place into a clean bowl.
7. Cover and save for later.
8. Peel and cut the onion into medium size dice.
9. Wash, dry and roughly chop the coriander (save a few leaves for garnish).
10. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
11. Tip the chicken and marinade into a clean, ovenproof dish.
12. Spread it out evenly and put into the pre-heated oven to cook for 15–20 minutes.
13. Heat a touch of oil in a heavy-based sauté pan over a medium heat on the hob.
14. Add the diced onions and sauté gently for a few minutes until the onions are soft but without too much color.
15. Add the masala paste and mix with the onions.
16. Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
17. Add the chopped coriander.
18. Remove the chicken from the oven and carefully add to the sauté pan, marinade as well, to give a nice reddish color.
19. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir in the double cream and bring just to the boil.
20. Check the consistency and season the chicken tikka masala if necessary.
21. Ladle the chicken tikka masala into warmed bowls and garnish with a few coriander leaves.
22. Serve your chicken tikka masala with fluffy white basmati rice and warmed naan breads.