- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Thighs With Cranberry Sauce Recipe
|Chicken thighs||1 Pound, boneless and skinned (4 Thighs, 1/4 Pound Each)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cranberry juice cocktail||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg
Sodium 138.8 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 68%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a shallow mixing bowl made of stainless-steel or glass and add the barbeque sauce, garlic and cranberry juice cocktail to it, stirring to combine properly.
2) Add the chicken and coat it on both sides.
3) Refrigerate with the cover on for 30 minutes or the entire night.
4) Pre-heat a gas grill or barbeque for 10 minutes at medium temperature.
5) Take a heavy duty foil and place the chicken on it, retaining the marinade.
6) Place it on the rack of the pre-heated grill or barbeque and cook for 15 minutes, turning often until it is done.
7) Take a nonstick skillet of size 9 inches and heat oil in it.
8) Add the peppers and onion and cook over medium-high heat for a minute, stirring often, until the onions turn translucent.
9) Stir the cornstarch into the retained marinade and dissolve it.
10) Add to the mixture in skillet and bring it to a boil, stirring continuously.
11) Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes allowing the flavors to blend.
12) Pour sauce on chicken and serve.