- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Sweet red pepper/Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed cooked|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg
Sodium 453.8 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until tender and firm, then drain, toss with oil and set aside.
2. In an 8-cup (2 liter) casserole, microwave butter at High for 30 seconds until melted.
3. Stir in mushrooms, celery and onion and microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
4. Add sweet pepper and microwave at High for 1 minute.
5. Stir in flour, stock, cream, wine, salt and pepper and microwave at High for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes until mixture boils and thickens, stirring twice.
6. Into the casserole stir in chicken and parsley.
7. On a serving platter arrange spaghetti and spoon chicken mixture over pasta.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses and serve immediately.
You may reheat the dish if needed and do so by covering with waxed paper and microwaving at Medium- High (70%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.