- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
|Hen||4 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed (1 Bird)|
|Onion salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 1030 Calories from Fat 557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.3%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g140.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 313.5 mg
Sodium 864.3 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g1.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 81 g162.3%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep kettle put chicken with 3 cups boiling water, 2 teaspoons salt, onion salt and celery salt.
2) Cook covered till chicken is done.
3) Drain the chicken and cool.
4) With a knife discard the bones and cut into big pieces.
5) Reserve 2 1/2 cups broth from the kettle.
6) Mix 3 quarts water and 2 tablespoons salt to the leftover broth and bring to boiling point.
7) Gently add spaghetti cook. Stir occasionally for 6 minutes.
8) Strain from broth and put in a 12x8 x 2-inch baking dish.
9) In a medium sized skillet beat in 3 tablespoons butter.
10) Add mushrooms and drizzle lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top.
11) Fry the mushrooms and stir in between till done.
12) Blend mushrooms, remaining butter and chicken with spaghetti.
13) In a small bowl, mix some reserved broth with flour.
14) In a saucepan put the reserved broth.
15) Mix remaining ingredients except cheese. Cook, stirring constantly till thick.
16) Mix spaghetti mixture and drizzle cheese on top.
17) Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
18) Serve hot.
Refrigerated overnight before baking if desired.
One-half cup cooking sherry can be alternated for 1/2 cup reserved broth.