- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Cook Chicken Teriyaki Recipe Video
|For dredging the chicken fillet|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed to dredge the chicken fillets)|
|Chicken thigh fillet||2 Medium|
|For frying the chicken fillet|
|Rest of the ingredients for the chicken teriyaki|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (If too salty use 1 1/2 Cup)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4 - 1/2 Tsp used)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 62.7 mg
Sodium 3669.3 mg152.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the chicken thigh fillets. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Dredge the fillets in plain flour and coat them well on all sides. Shake off the excess flour and set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil. Place the flour coated chicken thigh fillets into the heated oil. Fry them for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side over medium heat until browned.
4. Once done, remove onto a chopping board and slice the browned fillets into bite sized pieces.
5. Drain away the excess oil form the pan.
6. Put the sliced chicken pieces back into the heated pan.
7. Add soy sauce, water and sugar.
8. Add pepper. Toss around a little and let simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked and the soy sauce reduces to a gravy.
9. Flip the chicken pieces occasionally.
10. Once the consistency of the sauce reduces to a gravy as shown in the video, the chicken teriyaki is ready to be served.
11. Serve with rice, over freshly cut lettuce leaves, tomatoes. Drizzle the gravy over the chicken.