- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Tarragon Recipe
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 Whole)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Rose wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3873 Calories from Fat 1826
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 203 g312.5%
Saturated Fat 66.3 g331.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1131.8 mg
Sodium 1646.2 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g47.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 77.7 g
Protein 339 g678.1%
Vitamin A 48.7% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 97%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take a bag having flour seasoned with pepper and salt. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat well.
3. Take a heavy skillet, heat butter. Add chicken pieces and allow either sides to turn brown. Transfer to a casserole.
3. Sauté in onions, mushrooms and garlic in the skillet, with more butter, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Mix in chicken stock and wine and keep stirring, on low heat, to scrape brown bits.
4. Top chicken with the sauce and sprinkle tarragon rubbed between the palms on the top. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
5. Serve immediately.