- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Taco Salad - Easy Dinner Idea Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||3 Large, cubed|
|Red onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For taco spice blend|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Tortilla chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Colby-monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes||1 , diced|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|Salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 99.5 mg
Sodium 969.5 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 55.2% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add red onions, garlic and chicken. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through. Drain off excess fat.
3. In a bowl, mix together taco spice seasoning and add this to the chicken mixture.
4. Stir to combine. Add a little water if needed.
5. Continue cooking chicken until cooked all the way through.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add salt carefully.
7. Remove chicken mixture from heat when done.
8. In a serving platter, assemble the taco salad by spreading lettuce, tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, chicken, salsa, sour cream, cheese and black olives. Serve with crusty bread.