- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Sweet N Sour With Pears Recipe
|Canned pear halves||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 , crushed|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut in 1-inch diagonal pieces|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.3 mg
Sodium 738.1 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain syrup from pears, saving for later use.
2) Mix together syrup with vinegar and soy sauce.
3) Combine together cornstarch, bouillon and ginger.
4) Slowly mix in soy-vinegar mixture and allow the mixture to thicken by stir cooking over medium heat.
5) Add in chicken, water chestnuts, celery and green pepper and heat until the ingredients are cooked well.
6) Continue cooking by adding in pear halves.
7) Spoon over hot cooked rice and serve at once.