- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Supreme Recipe
|Water/Broth||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Roaster chicken||3 Pound|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 707 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 239.4 mg
Sodium 253.6 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 51 g102.2%
Vitamin A 100.2% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel carrots and onions.
2) Chop leeks and celery.
3) Bring salted water or broth to a boil in a flameproof casserole, add prepared vegetables and cook for 15 minutes.
4) Rub chicken with the lemon.
5) Add to casserole, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
6) Measure out 2 1/2 cups broth from casserole and place in a saucepan.
7) Continue cooking chicken for a further 15 minutes.
8) Bring stock in saucepan to a boil, add rice and cook for 15 minutes.
9) Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
10) In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
11) Measure out another 2 1/2 cups broth from casserole and gradually stir into pan.
12) Cook, stirring till thickened.
13) Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks and then cream.
14) Season the sauce.
15) On a warmed serving dish, place drained rice.
16) Remove chicken from casserole, cut into portions and arrange on top of rice.
17) Pour sauce over chicken and serve.