- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Fresh mushrooms||12 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken breast||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.1 mg
Sodium 808.1 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Rinse the mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them. Set the caps aside.
3) In a large skillet, melt the butter, add mushroom stems and sauté till they are tender.
4) Stir in the chicken and mix.
Into ¾ cup of breadcrumbs, stir the chicken broth and egg. Add the breadcrumb mix, parsley, salt and pepper and onion to the skillet. Stir properly.
5) Into the mushroom caps, spoon the chicken mixture. Sprinkle caps with the remaining breadcrumbs.
6) In a 9-inch square baking dish, place the mushrooms and add about ½-inch of water. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
7) Serve hot.