- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Long grain basmati brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||4 Ounce, cubed|
|Corn flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (SAUCE)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped (SAUCE)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (SAUCE)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (SAUCE)|
|Lime wedge||1 Medium, juiced (SAUCE)|
|Lemon wedge||1 Medium, juiced (SAUCE)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (SAUCE)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1711.5 mg71.3%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 58.1% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and chop the carrots, broccoli and red onion.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes.
3. Heat a pan on high; put the jasmine rice into it. Add some pepper flakes. Stir it and add water. Reduce the heat, cover and cook till the rice is done.
4. In a bowl, take 2 tablespoon of corn flour and add ¼ cup of water. Mix to a smooth paste.
5. Take a large bowl and add corn flour, peppercorn, pepper flakes, salt. Mix well.
6. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
7. Take a pan, heat oil in it. Add the ginger, garlic, brown sugar. Stir it till the sugar begins to melt.
8. Pour the orange juice into it and stir to mix well and the sugar dissolve.
9. Add the lime and lemon juice and the soy sauce. Heat till the sauce thickens.
10. Pour the corn starch into it and mix well to thicken the sauce faster.
11. In another pan, heat oil.
12. Put the chicken into the corn flour spices mix and then into the hot oil.
13. Cook till golden. Drain on a paper towel.
14. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and put it in the oven to dry.
15. Heat oil in a pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables. Put the cooked chicken and add the sauce. Mix well to coat all the ingredients.
16. Turn off the heat.
17. In a serving plate, invert a bowl of cooked rice to form a dome, put the chicken and vegetables around it and serve hot.