- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwaved Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, cubed (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.4%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.5 mg
Sodium 840.1 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 215.8% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable dish, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 1 minute
2. To the hot butter, add onions, carrot and celery and sauté.
3. Return to the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on HIGH, sautéing after every 30 seconds
4. Add corn starch mixed with a little stock to the vegetables and the remaining stock. Stir well.
5. Place in the microwave and cook for another 5 minutes on HIGH power, stirring after every 2 minutes.
6. Remove and stand for 2 minutes
7. Empty into a liquidizer or blender jar and pulse into a smooth puree.
8. Pour back into the bowl and blend in the milk, seasonings and chicken
9. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times.
10. Stir in the cream.
11. Ladle soup into soup bowls.
12. Serve immediately while it is hot.