- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Austrian Chicken Schnitzel Recipe Video
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|Chicken breast halves||2 Medium|
|Eggs||2 Medium, fried, sunny side up (in butter)|
Calories 896 Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.2 mg93.1%
Sodium 288.9 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 50 g100.7%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the chicken breast and pound it to thin sheets. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, break the egg. Add the lemon juice and mix well by stirring.
3. Slowly add the flour and continue stirring to reach a pancake batter consistency.
4. In a deep pan, heat oil to very hot.
5. Roll the pounded chicken breast in the batter and put it in the oil carefully.
6. Shallow fry them till golden brown on both the sides (do not flip them too many times).
7. In a serving plate, place the chicken schnitzel. Put the fried egg on it and serve with a wedge of lime, rice, salad or bread.