- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Sausage And Shrimp With Vegetables Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Large shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot italian sausage links||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, cut into bite-sized pieces (4 Large)|
|Broccoli||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), cut into 2" by 1" pieces|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5471 Calories from Fat 3214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 356 g548.2%
Saturated Fat 109.7 g548.6%
Trans Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 1685 mg
Sodium 5923.6 mg246.8%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 380 g760.2%
Vitamin A 59.8% Vitamin C 455.1%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 171.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 12-inch skillet, over medium heat, heat sausages and 1/4 cup water to boiling. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover; continue cooking, turning sausages frequently, until water evaporates and sausages are well browned, about 20 minutes. Remove sausages to paper towels to drain. With knife, cut sausages into 1-inch pieces; place in large bowl and keep warm.
3. In drippings remaining in skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken pieces, turning frequently, until tender and browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to bowl with sausages.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup drippings into 10-inch skillet. Over medium heat, in hot drippings, cook potatoes, covered, until browned on all sides and tender, about 25 minutes, adding salad oil if needed and turning potatoes occasionally with pancake turner. Remove skillet from heat; keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, to cook shrimp, add a little salad oil, if needed, to drippings remaining in 12-inch skillet; over medium-high heat, cook shrimp, stirring often, until just pink and tender. Spoon shrimp into bowl with sausages.
6. Then in drippings remaining in 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat, stir broccoli and 1 teaspoon salt until coated with drippings. Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender-crisp. Return sausages, chicken, shrimp, and potatoes to skillet with broccoli; stir in 3/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; over high heat, heat to boiling; cook 1 to 2 minutes to blend flavors.