- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Satan Recipe
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Lime wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 670.6 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a large bowl, put the sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, cumin, turmeric and coriander and mix properly.
2) Add the cubed chicken to the bowl and stir properly in order to evenly coat the meat.
3) Cover and allow the mixture to stand in a refrigerator for about 60 minutes. Keeping in the fridge overnight is even better.
4) Drain the meat and reserve the marinade.
5) Onto 4 large, or 8 small, skewers, thread the meat and set it aside.
6) In small saucepan, heat the peanut oil and add the chilli powder and onion. Gently cook till the onion has softened slightly.
7) Into the oil and onion, stir the reserved marinade and add the brown sugar and peanut butter. Gently heat the mixture, constantly stirring, till all the ingredients have blended well together. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water if the sauce appears to be too thick.
8) On a boiler pan, arrange the skewers of meat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes under a preheated moderate broiler. Baste the meat with some of the peanut sauce after the first 5 minutes of cooking have elapsed.
9) Turn the meat frequently when it is being cooked to ensure that it has cooked on both sides and has not browned a lot.
10) Serve hot after garnishing with coriander leaves and lime, with remaining sauce on the side.