- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|Thai peanut dressing|
|Rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole jalapeno pepper||1 , chop|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the chicken breast & salad|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||2 Large (cut it like the butterfly method)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Romaine lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm), chop|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Green onions||3 , chop|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Red cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 1690 Calories from Fat 1525
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g265.5%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 175.1 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 107% Vitamin C 73.3%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill pan
1. Roughly chop the jalapeno, fresh cilantro.
2. Chop the romaine lettuce, cilantro, green onions, thinly slice the red bell pepper and red cabbage, shred the carrots, and keep everything aside separately.
3. Cut the chicken breast into half using the butterfly method. Like an open book.
4. In a food processor blend vinegar, peanut butter, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar. Pulse the ingredients until well blended.
5. While the food processor is on slowly drizzle the vegetable oil and blend.
6. Transfer the dressing into a container and keep it until needed.
7. In a medium bowl place the chicken and add red pepper flakes, and pour about ½ to ¾ Cup of the Thai Peanut Dressing over the chicken.
8. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate in the dressing for 30 minutes under refrigeration.
9. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
10. Place the chicken on the grill pan and grill each side for 7-8 minutes.
11. Once done remove and let the chicken breast rest for few minutes.
12. In a large serving bowl place the lettuce, cilantro, green onions, red bell pepper, cabbage, and carrots and lightly toss all the ingredients.
13. Slice the chicken breast and place it on top of the salad and pour the Peanut Dressing on top.
14. Serve the thai chicken salad fresh.