- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Salad Ambrosia Recipe
|Bottled italian dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Orange rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs), crisp|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs) (cooked / canned)|
|Crisp salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs), torn in bite size pieces (arugula, radicchio and other lettuce)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 , cut into half|
|Mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg
Sodium 235.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 66.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the dressing, in a bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients.
2. Whisk with a fork or close lid and shake until well amalgamated.
3. Chill the dressing until ready to serve, whisking or shaking before use.
4. Just before serving time, in a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss well to mix.
5. Serve in the bowl or heap onto individual plates.
6. Drizzle dressing over each salad or serve separately on the side, in small dressing dishes, to be spooned over the salad as desired.