- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Salad Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 Can, Roasted Garlic-Seasoned Chicken Broth)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Packages)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon, prepared|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peas||10 Ounce, frozen|
|Romaine leaves||1 , washed|
Calories 1056 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.1%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.9 mg
Sodium 1133.6 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 79 g157.4%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 111%
Calcium 12% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large kettle or Dutch oven, place the chicken and cover with water.
2) Sprinkle with the seasoned salt and pepper, 1/2 cup chopped onion and parsley, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
3) Remove the chicken from the kettle, allow to cool, then strain and reserve the broth.
4) Bone the chicken and cut the meat into bite-size pieces.
5) In a large bowl, place the chicken with 1/2 cup onion, pimiento and garlic.
6) In a small bowl, stir oil, catsup, vinegar, mustard, salt and rosemary until well blended.
7) Pour over the chicken, toss well to coat, then allow to stand at room temperature until required.
8) Cook the rice as per the package directions, adding the reserved chicken broth, then allow to cool.
9) Add the cooked peas and rice into the chicken and toss lightly to mix.
10) Serve immediately over a bed of romaine leaves.