- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Salad Recipe
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Cubed cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Seedless green grapes/Use green grapes, halved or seeded||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted pecans/Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Cooked salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 797 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.8 mg
Sodium 861.5 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 56 g112.4%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim roots, cut off leaves, separate stalks, remove blemishes, wash and dice celery.
3. Put diced celery into the large bowl.
4. Cut into cubes and add cubed cooked chicken to bowl.
5. Rinse grapes and put into the bowl.
6. Chop coarsely toasted pecans or almonds and shredded coconut and put into the bowl.
7. Lightly toss ingredients together and set aside.
8. Using the chilled bowl and beater, beat whipping cream until cream is of medium consistency (piles softly).
9. Gradually blend Salad Dressing, salt and pepper into the whipped cream.
10. Add the salad dressing mixture to the chicken mixture and mix gently to coat evenly. Place in refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
11. Serve chilled salad on cool, crisp greens.