- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Sage & Onion Roll Recipe Video
|Chicken mince/Turkey mince||500 Gram|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sage leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Shortcrust pastry||200 Gram|
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.2 mg
Sodium 172.1 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4.
2. In a bowl, add in the breadcrumbs and chicken mince. Mix well.
3. Stir in the onion and sage. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with hands.
4. Place the shortcrust pastry over a counter top and slice in half.
5. Place the chicken mince mixture over one sheet and spread evenly.
6. Brush the egg mixture over the edges and seal with another pastry sheet. Brush the top with egg mixture and crimp the edges with fork and prick the centre.
7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
8. Take out the roll from the oven and let it cool over the cooling rack for a few minutes.
9. Slice the roll and serve along with your favorite condiments.