- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 , cleaned|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Thyme sprigs||4 (as needed)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 747 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg
Sodium 325.6 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 77 g153.3%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F
2. Lightly grease the roasting pan.
3. Rub garlic into the chicken cavity.
4. Put salt and pepper, thyme, onion and lemon.
5. Truss the chicken using kitchen twine.
6. Pour some olive oil on top of the chicken and sprinkle with some salt, pepper and paprika. Using your hands rub in the spices well.
7. Roast the chicken at 450 F for 15 minutes.
8. Cover the chicken with foil. Reduce the temperature to 350 F and roast the chicken for another 30 minutes.
9. Roast at 165 F for another 5 minutes.
10. Remove the kitchen twine and carve the chicken.
11. Serve hot.