- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Ratatouille Recipe
|Frozen chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, thawed|
|Cooking oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Pound, skinned and sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and sliced|
|Courgettes||1⁄2 Pound, thickly sliced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
|White wine||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 122 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.2%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 93 g186.6%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 176.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wipe the washed aubergines and cut into thin slices.
2) On a flat plate, lay down the aubergine slices and sprinkle with salt.
3) Leave for 1 hour to extract bitter juices.
4) Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and coat them with flour.
5) In a frying pan, heat 3 tbsps of oil.
6) Fry the chicken until brown from all the sides.
7) Remove chicekn from the pan and set aside.
8) In the pan, heat remaining oil and fry sliced aubergines for few minutes.
9) In the casserole, put the aubergines.
10) In the pan, fry onions along with peppers and courgettes.
11) With a slotted spoon, arrange the vegetables to casserole.
12) Place chicken in the centre of the vegetables.
13) Cover the chicken with thin slices of tomatoes and finish off by pouring wine.
14) Season with salt and pepper.
15) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
16) Serve hot with parsley garnish.