- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Chicken Ratatouille Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, pith and seeds removed and cut into strips|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Aubergines||2 Medium, sliced|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned, quartered and seeded (200 Gram)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|Stock||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.8 mg
Sodium 162.2 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 151.8%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan combine oil and butter and heat well. Add chicken pieces and cook on all sides till golden brown.
2) Cook covered over simmering heat for 25 to 30.
3) Shift the contents to an aluminum foil dish.
4) To the remaining oil in the pan add peppers and onions and fry till onion changes color.
5) Add aubergines and tomatoes and stir the contents for 5 minutes.
6) Pour wine, stock and add seasoning.
7) Boil the content in simmering heat for 2 minutes.
8) Pour the sauce over chicken. Serve cool.
The contents can be refrigerated for further use. To thaw, leave in refrigerator for a night. Before serving, cover with foil and place in a moderately heated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 50 to 60 minutes.