- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Ranchero Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded, thinly sliced|
|Ripe tomato||1 Medium, cored and thinly sliced|
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, halved and flattened to 1 inch thick (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, halved and flattened to 1 inch thick (2 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, cored and diced (2 Large Juicy)|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced white onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Small, seeded and minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg
Sodium 550.1 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 107 g213.5%
Vitamin A 38.5% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2) In a shallow glass baking dish, layer half the onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and sliced tomato.
3) Arrange the chicken breasts on top of the ingredients in the baking dish.
4) Add another layer of remaining onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and tomato on top of the chicken breasts.
5) Place inside refrigerator by covering with plastic wrap, for 12 hours or overnight.
6) Let the chicken breasts stand at room temperature for half an hour before grilling.
7) In a mixing bowl, prepare salsa, by combining diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight. Serve at room temperature.
8) Prepare a charcoal fire. When the coals are glowing with a layer of white ash, place the chicken breasts on the grill, 6 to 8 inches from the heat. Turning every 5 minutes, grill for 20 minutes, or until done.
9) Serve with salsa on the side.