- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Quesadilla - A Great Mexican Appetizer Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , mince|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||2 , finely chopped|
|Mild cheddar cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs), grated|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Guacamole||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Calories 1174 Calories from Fat 705
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.4%
Saturated Fat 47.2 g235.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 309.8 mg103.3%
Sodium 1855.7 mg77.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 74 g147.1%
Vitamin A 67.2% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 174.8% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needgrill
1. Mince the garlic and onion and finely chop the green chilies and white mushrooms, shred the lettuce.
2. Prepare the barbeque grill.
3. Place the chicken on the grill and season it with garlic salt.
4. In a medium pan add 2 teaspoon of olive oil, sauté onions for 10 minutes on high and reduce the heat as it cooks, add the mushrooms after 5 minutes and continue to sauté for the remaining time.
5. Add the garlic and sauté for few more minutes turn off the heat and remove from heat.
6. Remove the chicken from the grill, let it cool completely, once cooled remove the meat off the bone and the shred the meat and remove any fat, chop the meat and set aside.
7. Place a tortilla on a board, sprinkle the cheese and chicken, put the onion mixture also sprinkle green chili. Cover it with the second tortilla.
8. Heat a flat pan and butter and place the quesadilla on the pan and let it brown at the bottom, and once it’s browned flip the quesadilla and brown the other side.
9. Transfer it to a serving plate once done.
10. Serve the chicken quesadilla with fresh lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.