- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Puttanesca Italiano with Spaghetti Recipe Video
|Spaghetti||13 1⁄4 Ounce, uncooked (1 Box, Dreamfields Brand)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skinless boneless chicken thighs||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce, diced, drained, liquid reserved (2 Cans, 14.5 Ounce Each)|
|Kalamata olives/Black olives||15 , pitted and finely chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , finely chopped|
|Drained capers||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 803 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg
Sodium 832 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a large skillet, heat half of olive oil over medium-high heat.
3) Add half of chicken pieces in hot oil.
4) Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
5) Remove chicken from skillet.
6) Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Remove chicken from skillet.
7) Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden, watching carefully so garlic does not burn.
8) Add tomatoes, when garlic begins to turn golden.
9) Cook for 2 minutes and stir in olives, anchovies, capers, tomato puree and red pepper flakes.
10) Stir occasionally to cook for another 10 minutes.
11) Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
12) Add spaghetti, toss to coat.
13) Season with salt and pepper as desired.
14) If sauce is too thick, add all or part of the reserved tomato liquid until sauce is desired consistency.
Nutrition information (1/6 of recipe): 530 calories; 30 g protein; 15 g digestible carbohydrates*; 23 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 74 mg cholesterol; 475 mg sodium; 8 g total dietary fiber.
This video is a creation of DreamfieldsPasta. You can visit DreamfieldsPasta for complete recipes, and more videos.