- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||4 1⁄2 Ounce, cut into 1-inch chunks (1 Breast Halves)|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Solid Pack)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Coriander sprigs||2 (Few For Garnish)|
|For tomato salsa|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce, diced (2 Cans, 14.4 Ounce Each)|
|Jalapeno chile||1 , seeds and ribs removed|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , quartered|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.3 mg
Sodium 809.1 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 249.6% Vitamin C 48.3%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pour 1 can of tomatoes into a blender, and add the jalapeno pepper, onion, cilantro leaves, lemon juice, and salt.
2. Blend until fairly smooth and pour in the second can of tomatoes and blend a little bit.
3. Adjust seasonings to taste by adding more lemon juice and salt.
4. Keep aside for later use.
5. Prepare the Tomato Salsa.
6. In a food processor put 1egg with the chicken cubes and make a fine puree.
7. Now add the, pumpkin puree, cream, salt, cumin, pepper and the other egg and using a whisk blend it nicely until soft and fluffy.
8. Take a 1 and1/2 quart microwave safe bowl and put this mix into it.
9. Cover with a microwave safe plastic wrap and microwave at three quarters power for 3 minutes, stir the mixture after every minute.
10. Grease 4 microwave safe custard cups (6 ounce each) and divide the mixture equally in these cups smoothen the top with the back of a spoon.
11. Cover the cups with microwave-safe plastic wrap and make a few holes in it.
12. Microwave at three quarters power for 4 to 5 minutes, or until almost set; rotate each cup one quarter turn after 2 minutes.
13. Remove from the microwave and leave it for 10 minutes, covered.
14. Remove from the mould and serve hot with Tomato Salsa and garnished with coriander sprigs.