- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Puffs On Toast Rounds Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped sweet red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted and finely chopped|
|Ground red pepper||3 Dash|
|Baguettes||2 , sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.6 mg
Sodium 794.4 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven ready at 450°.
2) In a 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter.
3) Add onion, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
4) Add garlic and cook further for 2 minutes.
5) Add flour and stir and then, stir in the broth.
6) Cook the mixture with continuous stirring until it thickens and starts bubbling.
7) Stir cook for a couple of minutes more.
8) Stir in ground red pepper, almonds, chicken, salt and pepper.
9) On each slice of bread, spread a tablespoon of the chicken mixture.
10) Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on it.
11) Bake for 5 minutes and broil until it starts to bubble.
12) Serve immediately.
After step 8, cool and chill the mixture covered until serving time, if desired.