- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Small new potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Mustard dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (bottled, use more quantity if needed)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Toasted chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 2632 mg109.7%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 138.7%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine potatoes and chicken broth.
2. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender-cooked.
3. Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
4. When cool, slice the potatoes.
5. Add them to a large salad bowl along with remaining ingredients.
6. Add dressing and toss using two salad spoons until well mixed and all ingredients are coated with dressing.
7. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill well before serving.
8. Serve the salad on individual salad plates, in crisp lettuce cups, if you like.