- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, chopped|
|Pie crusts||2 Medium|
Calories 2012 Calories from Fat 1105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.6%
Saturated Fat 49.3 g246.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.7 mg80.9%
Sodium 2097.6 mg87.4%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 130% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large measuring cup, mix together chicken broth and half and half. Set aside.
3. In a pan, melt butter.
4. Add onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
5. Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
6. Gradually stir in your chicken broth/half and half mixture.
7. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture thickens.
8. Add salt and pepper and stir.
9. Add chicken and stir well.
10. Remove pan from heat.
11. Line a pie plate with a pie crust.
12. Pour in your mixture.
13. Top with another pie crust and seal the edges.
14. Cut slits into top crust.
15. Bake in oven for about 25 - 35 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.
16. If while baking, the crust edge starts to get dark, cover with aluminum foil.
17. Serve hot pot pie with a salad on the side.
Recipe can easily be doubled. It is also great made with turkey.