- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pie with Sweet Potato Crust Recipe
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Diced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White onions||6 Small, cooked|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 955 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.1%
Saturated Fat 33.1 g165.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.5 mg
Sodium 1126.5 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 38 g75.2%
Vitamin A 145.3% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Stir the milk to the chicken broth.
3) Into a bowl, sift together baking powder and the remaining flour, mixed with the rest of the salt.
4) To it, mix the egg, potatoes and butter.
5) Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
6) In a saucepan, add a quarter cup of flour and gradually, pour the milk mixture to it.
7) Cook the mixture over low heat with constant stirring until the entire mixture thickens.
8) Add a seasoning of salt and pepper.
9) In a casserole, alternately layer the chicken, then the carrots, followed by onions and finally, the parsley.
10) Pour the cooked mixture over the chicken casserole mixture.
11) Use the rolled out dough to cover the chicken mixture.
12) Bake for around 40 minutes.
13) Serve the dish hot with chips.