- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pie Recipe
|Butter||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Chicken consomme||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Chicken breasts||625 Milliliter, cooked and diced (2 1/2 Cups)|
|Carrots||500 Milliliter, cooked and diced (2 Cups)|
|Canned green peas||14 Ounce (1 Can, 284 Milliliter)|
|Pastry||1 (For 2 Pie Crusts)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2264 Calories from Fat 721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.4%
Saturated Fat 40.1 g200.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 516.5 mg
Sodium 2716.7 mg113.2%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63.1%
Dietary Fiber 33.9 g135.7%
Sugars 67.1 g
Protein 187 g374.1%
Vitamin A 1777% Vitamin C 128.7%
Calcium 65.5% Iron 73.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– In a sauce pan, melt butter, blend in flour, pour milk slowly into mixture and stir constantly.
– Add chicken consomme, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
– Line a pie plate with 1 crust, add'diced chicken, vegetables and sauce and top with second crust,
– Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until crust is golden.