- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Piccata Recipe Video
|White flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), dice|
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 149.6 mg
Sodium 279.3 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 63 g126.3%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPan
1. Slice the chicken into ¼ inch thick slices and using a meat tenderizer pound the meat.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a pan with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour and fry them in the pan over medium heat until brown on all sides.
5. Once done remove and set it aside.
6. Pour water, lemon juice, capers and garlic into the frying pan and stir.
7. Deglaze the chicken from the bottom of the pan.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
9. Once the sauce is thickened reduce heat to low and simmer and at this point adjust the taste of lemon juice and add about a 1/4 cup of water and cook a little longer.
10. Add the chicken to the thickened sauce and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
11. Serve the Chicken Piccata hot.