- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Parmesan Chicken Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||3|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||6|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Tomatoes can||28 Ounce|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.6 mg
Sodium 882.3 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 58 g115.6%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 55.5% Iron 51.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge frying pan
Small and medium pot
1. Grate the parmigiano reggiano cheese and mince the garlic, set aside.
2. Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breast until they are thin.
3. In a container combine flour and ground black pepper and in another container combine breadcrumbs and ground black pepper.
4. In a small bowl beat the eggs, set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 350-375 degree, only after the last chicken breast is about to be ready.
6. In a bowl combine tomato, garlic, oregano and thyme, bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer it until the chicken is ready, sprinkle some basil leaves towards the end.
7. In another pot boil water to warm the cooked spaghetti.
8. Preheat the large frying pan with oil.
9. Once the chicken is ready dip it in egg and the coat it with flour and breadcrumbs.
10. Place the chicken in the pan and fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked and brown on both the sides.
11. Once done place it on a plate with paper towel, place the mozzarella cheese on top.
12. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place the chicken on top, bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
13. In the meantime warm the cooked spaghetti in the boiling water for few seconds, drain.
14. Remove and place the chicken and pasta on the serving plate, pour the sauce over the pasta, garnish with olives, fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
15. Serve the parmesan chicken hot.