- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Paprika Recipe
|Chicken pieces||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped (225 Gram)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , cut in strips|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.5 mg
Sodium 412.7 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 55 g110.9%
Vitamin A 192.1% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6
2) In a pan, heat butter and oil. Sauté the vegetables.
3) In greased casserole dish, and the vegetables in it.
4) In a polythene bag, add flour and paprika to it. Put in the chicken pieces and toss to coat well.
5) Heat pan with butter and brown chicken pieces. Keep them on top of vegetables.
6) Add the stock over it, cover casserole and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Add in sour cream or yogurt. Stir well.
8) Gently reheat but do not boil.
9) Serve hot on a bed of plain boiled rice.