- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Paillard On Baby Greens Recipe
|Chicken breast cutlets||8|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (For Drizzling)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4 , stripped and finely chopped to make 2 tablespoons|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped to make about a handful|
|Lemon zest||1 (From 1 Fruit)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Chicken broth/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed baby salad greens||5 Ounce (1 Sack)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (To Swirl Twice Around The Bowl)|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 838.9 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 48 g96.4%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large nonstick skillet and pre-heat over medium-high heat.
2) In a shallow dish, arrange the chicken in it and add olive oil just to coat. This will just be about 1 1/2 tablespoons total.
3) Mix chopped herbs and lemon zest and scatter over the chicken.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Apply the herbs and seasonings evenly over the chicken.
6) With a pair of tongs, line the chicken in a single layer to hot skillet.
7) Brown 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
8) Take a warm serving dish and cover the cooked chicken loosely with foil and repeat with remaining cutlets.
9) Heat the pan and melt butter.
10) As the butter melts, stir in flour to the butter and cook for 1 or 2 minutes to make a light roux.
11) Pour in chicken broth. When it thickens to just coat the back of a spoon, remove pan from heat.
12) Put in salad greens along with lemon juice and toss with coarse salt.
13) Add 2 tablespoons olive oil around the bowl and toss again.
14) Serve immediately on individual plates.